Now accepting nominations for the 2018 Kavli SfN Graduate Travel Awards
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Graduate Student Travel Awards
to attend the 2018 Society for Neuroscience Meeting
to be held November 3-7, 2018 in San Diego, CA
Attendance at scientific meetings is an important part of a successful graduate student’s development. The Kavli Institute will provide awards of up to $1,000 to outstanding graduate students to attend and present at this year’s SfN meeting.
- The nominee must be a current graduate student at Columbia University (any department).
- The nominee must be the first author of an abstract submitted for the 2018 Society for Neuroscience meeting.
- The nominee may not be a recipient of another 2018 SfN travel award.
- Only one nomination will be accepted from a given laboratory.
Advisor should submit the following materials to email@example.com (preferably as a single, merged PDF):
- Abstract, with SfN submission confirmation
- Letter of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee
Deadline: Friday, June 15, 2018, by 5pm EDT
Awardees will be announced in early July and at that point should provide confirmation that their abstract was accepted by SfN (poster or talk). Awardees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and will be required to submit completed expense report with receipts within 30 days of return from the meeting to be reimbursed. Travel expenses are subject to the standard eligibility policies of Columbia University.