Call for Nominations for Kavli SfN Travel Awards
Attendance at scientific meetings is an important part of a successful graduate student’s development. The Kavli Institute will provide awards of up to $1,000 to five outstanding graduate students to attend and present at this year’s SfN meeting.
- The nominee must be a graduate student at Columbia University (from any department).
- The nominee must be the first author of an abstract to be presented at the 2013 Society for Neuroscience meeting.
- The nominee may not be a recipient of another 2013 SfN travel award.
- Only one nomination will be accepted from a given laboratory.
Advisor should submit the following materials to email@example.com (preferably as a single, merged PDF):
- Abstract, with confirmation from SfN that abstract has been accepted for presentation
- Letter of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee
Deadline: Friday, June 28, 2013, by 5pm EDT
Awardees will be announced by the beginning of August. Awardees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and will be required to submit completed expense report with receipts for reimbursement within 30 days of return from the meeting. Travel expenses are subject to the standard eligibility policies of Columbia University.